Inspired by my Mediterranean/ Greek background and new found love of terracotta.
These oversized bowls are designed as conversation pieces. As originally conceived the 'Gaia' concept envisages the Earth as a super-organism that operates to regulate its own environment, principally temperature, to keep it habitable for the biosphere. Raw unglazed Terracotta is the perfect tangible translation of Gaia.
- Not specifically designed for any one use.
- Perfect for gifting or personal spoilage.
- Handmade from locally produced, South African, stoneware clay.
- Glazed and kiln fired above 1000 degrees celsius.
- Left raw and unglazed.
- Unglazed surfaces are sealed with a safe natural sealant.
Approximate Measurements : 23cm x 33cm
Love them daily, use them daily.
Recommend washing by hand with warm soapy water and allowed to dry thoroughly. Textured areas can be gently cleaned with a soft bristle brush.
Not safe to use in microwaves, ovens or dishwashers.